Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Outline Text - Boarders and Shading issues

New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As many people have already noted - outlining text is not ideal in InDesign as it removes numbering and other text formatting - why?

I see people saying to preflight, my issue is I have a particular header text in my menu file that InDesign will not let me create a PDF with because of permissions -- it does not even come up as a problem in my preflight window only when I am saving. When I outline text to skip over this, I loose my shading and other paragraph formating. I got a work around by saving as a JPEG for them to review -- however Microsoft has a known issue where the JPEG previews are sometimes not working properly in a 64 bit environment in the default email previewer - the screen flips it to a negative after loading. 

PDF error.jpgJpeg error.jpg

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to purchase the correct font license.

Or else change the font. 

Creating a jpeg is still going to be breaking the license restrictions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are having problems previewing JPEGs perhaps try exporting out PNGs.

InDesign also has export options such as Publish Online and Share for Review. Could these help?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines