• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overset text in story editor but not text fr

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I placed at the top pages of the book that I had JUST got done formatting, the rest of the book disappeared from the text boxes, but it's in the story editor. The editor shows a very long red line to indicate that it's all overset, but when I apply the overset text to the beginning of the book, nothing shows, so it's just an endless expansion of blank boxes.

In another thread, I saw someone mention exporting it to an IDML, which I did, but it just brought me back into InDesign as the same result.

I'd really not like to waste more time looking for a solution—and worse, having to reformat the entire book again.

Any advice?

IND1.png

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

It seems to be placed as an anchored object...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Overset text in story editor but not in text frame" should be the correct title

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to be placed as an anchored object...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHOA. That worked. I went into story editor, highlighted that first anchor, and removed. However, I don't recall anchoring the map when I was moving it around above the text. Super weird. 

Anywho, thank you for saving the day for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines