• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packaging clarification

Explorer ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have to take a test to I just want to confirm I understand the instructions (so I don't look like a dummy).  🙂  They are to:

"Package working files to include the final media files. for example, PDF, .AI and Project Bin"

I am familiar with packaging with Illustrator and InDesign -- so that you can send everything to someone else (fonts, images), and in InDesign you send an .idml file and a PDF for maximum compatibility.

I was just confused because when you Package something, doesn't it automatically include the "final media file"?

Thanks so much!

Kathy

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

I think they are referring to the files which are referenced with primary file (fonts, placed images and vector files). Like the Package command in InDesign and Illustrator.

I didn't understand "Project Bin" that that's Corel (PC) terminology which sounds equivalent to Package:

"Project Bins are a new tool added in Studio version 14 designed to assist in project asset management. Project Bins offer a convenient way to quickly locate content that has been added to a project. Project Bins also a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 26, 2022 Nov 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think they are referring to the files which are referenced with primary file (fonts, placed images and vector files). Like the Package command in InDesign and Illustrator.

I didn't understand "Project Bin" that that's Corel (PC) terminology which sounds equivalent to Package:

"Project Bins are a new tool added in Studio version 14 designed to assist in project asset management. Project Bins offer a convenient way to quickly locate content that has been added to a project. Project Bins also allow you to locate content that you have manually added to the Project Bin for later use. The Project Bin allows all of this content to be displayed in one single location."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much, Steve!

I think Project Bins are from Premiere Pro.  But it's so helpful to know that I can just do my normal Package command and be fine!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2022 Nov 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck on your test!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines