Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Packing a document without losing links to CC Libraries

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,
I would need to create the package of a document but without turning the links to the CC libraries into links to the links folder.

DarioDBZZanfardin_0-1713422437790.png

Let me explain: I am a technical writer, I write user and maintenance manuals for machines. Within the manual, I use icons and safety signage that I insert from the CC libraries and I would like them to remain linked to the libraries by doing the package. Instead when doing the package indesign takes the original file and creates a copy inside the links folder.

I create the package just to "clean up" the links folder of files that are no longer needed for a particular job order, but the fact that it copies my library files into the links folder creates quite a few space problems for me, because in fact I get repeated copies of the same file on the servers.

I hope I have explained myself well, thanks to those who would like to help me.

TOPICS
Feature request , How to , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out. For feature improvement and suggestions, please post your request with sufficient details here. This is the best way of sharing the feedback with the team.

Thanks

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2024 Apr 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much, I saw that someone else would also like the same feature!

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601021-adobe-indesign-feature-requests/suggestions/46538011-le...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines