Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page Exporter Utility Page Range as One PDF

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been testing Page Exporter Utility among other things to automate exporting multiple versions of multi-page PDFs with different layer combinations. My document includes multiple versions on different spreads, that all need to be exported separately.

Using this script (or adapting / adding to), is there a way to export the pages defined in 'Page Range' as one PDF, as opposed to the pages in the defined range export as separate PDFs?

E.g. Currently, if I type pages 2-4, I will have 3 PDFS (P2, P3 and P4), but I would like to have one PDF containing three pages.

Manually combining the pages after the fact would negate the time saving.

Cheers!

Thanks!

Linsey

TOPICS
Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

I replied to your other post. I'll repeat the link again here. Let me know if this script helps.

http://www.marspremedia.com/software/indesign/export-layers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need custom script - as you will need to specify which pages & which layers should be exported together or separately ?

▒► ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard ◄▒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Page Exporter Utility does allow for custom layer exports, this part works really well. There is also a section that allows the user to input a page range, but it only exports each page as a separate PDF, not mulitple pages in one PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping to see if anyone has any insights on this. I've been trying bits and bobs, but I'm no expert!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replied to your other post. I'll repeat the link again here. Let me know if this script helps.

http://www.marspremedia.com/software/indesign/export-layers

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks William, I've dropped you a message.

Thanks!

Linsey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the messages and marking correct answer. Awesome.

William Campbell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines