• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page number location

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to make the page number text box a specific distance from the bottom of the page?  No matter what height page, I always want it at the very bottom.

I have different size pages and currently the page number may end up an inch or more from the bottom of those taller pages.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Why don't you set up different master pages at different sizes with the page number at the bottom of each master? You don't know in advance the new size?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Create a separate Master page for each page size you are using. You can change the size of each Master Page (or Master Spread) as you set it up using the Page Tool. Then place a text frame at the bottom of each Master positioned from the bottom the same distance for all Masters. Each of these text frames should then have the automatic page numbering function active in it. To do this click inside a selected text frame with the text tool and then use Type Menu>Insert Special Characters>Markers>Cur

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just put the page number frame at the bottom of your master pages (or I do not understand the issue)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is at the bottom of the page on the Master Page.  The Master Page is 8.5X11 letter size.  If I make a document page taller, say 11X11, then the page number is not all the way at the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you set up different master pages at different sizes with the page number at the bottom of each master? You don't know in advance the new size?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a separate Master page for each page size you are using. You can change the size of each Master Page (or Master Spread) as you set it up using the Page Tool. Then place a text frame at the bottom of each Master positioned from the bottom the same distance for all Masters. Each of these text frames should then have the automatic page numbering function active in it. To do this click inside a selected text frame with the text tool and then use Type Menu>Insert Special Characters>Markers>Current Page Number. Then when you apply your Masters to all of your document pages the page number will be in exactly the same spot relative to the bottom of each page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea.  I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is exactly what I wrote…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines