• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page numbers skipped in the Pages Panel

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all, I have a document set up with 13 pages. In the pages panel, however, the page number starts 2 and goes through 14 instead of 1-13. Does anyone know why this glitch is happening? See the attached screenshot below.

This document has been copied over from a previous project with the same specs. And it looks like my original document has the same problem (a total of 2 pages, but the page numbers are labeled 2 -3 in the Pages panel). Fortunately, on this project I won't need page numbers, but I'd love to solve this before I start on any new booklet or projects

I'm running on InDesign 18.2.1 with a MacBook Pro - Ventura 13.2.1

Thanks for your help!

- Fletcher

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 10.30.19 AM.png

 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Double click on the small triangle above the page 2 thumbnail and change the numbering start.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Double click on the small triangle above the page 2 thumbnail and change the numbering start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks jmlevy! Yes, that solves the problem. I'm still not sure how it got to page 2 in the first place, because "Automatic Page Numbering" was selected in the Numbering & Section Options. Not complaining tho, problem solved 🙂

- Fletcher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines