• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page wrap bug

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I make page wraps at the end of magazine production, the layout on some pages slips when pages are moved. It is a huge problem because every time I move one or more pages, the pages slide and I have to go through all the pages in the magazine whenever I have moved one or more pages.
Locking all layers has no effect. 
A bleed of 3 mm has been added to the design.

Seems to be a severe bug or any solution?

Skærmbillede 2023-04-28 kl. 08.39.48.pngSkærmbillede 2023-04-28 kl. 08.40.08.pngSkærmbillede 2023-04-28 kl. 08.42.59.png

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. All frames should align to the page borders.
  2. All main text frames should have object styles, those should have defined size and position.

Beside this there is a known bug that shifts sometimes frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2023 May 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All items are set as described. The challenge for InDesign is when you use different inner and outer margins. The margins here are created with the golden ratio principle. I could use an ordinary 12,7 cm margin all the way around but that's kind of dull, isn't it?
Really hope Adobe will focus on the issue and come up with a solution. This is very time-consuming and increases the risk of mistakes before printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't say how you have added your frames, but using frames from a Parent Page might help (though editing the frames can detach them from their positional link to the parent if you move them off your guides). Enabling Layout Adjustment might also help, but again things must be snapped to guides for it to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done some more playing around, and even without Parent page frames or Layout Adjustment frames drawn on the page and snapped to a margin guide seem to move from side to side correctly (that is they remain snapped to the margin guide) for me when moving pages around with a wide disaprity in inside/outide margin dimensions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will not solve the problem. I've worked with ID for 22 years and never experinsed this before until a few years ago. 

I'm doing exactly the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share example document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines