• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pane on left side that shows document structure

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to display the hierarchical structure of a document on the left side?  By structure, I mean by headings and subheadings, etc.  When you click on one, it takes you there in the document.  You can expand and collapse headings to show or not show subheadings.  Word has this feature but I can't find it in indesign.  When I google it, I just find stuff about XML.

Thanks!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Adobe FrameMaker has that feature. It would be a good feature request. 

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sampsonat:

You can use Bookmarks for this. Generate a Table of Contents and enable Create PDF bookmarks. If you don't need an actual TOC, just put it on the pasteboard, out of sight. Then double click on the headings in Window > Interactive > Bookmarks to navigate to the headings in the document. 

~Barb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not quite the same, but the Story Editor window has a pane that shows applied styles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines