• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph style override problem

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on a Mac in Pages and I wrote a novel. I exported each chapter into Word and now I am placing them into Indesign. I set up a paragraph style with the font Baskerville and when I Chapter 1, an override (the +) appears keeping the italics Helvetica Neue! Now, I could clear the override and change it manually to Baskerville italic, but then I'd have to do that each time throughout my manuscript! There are quite a few italics throughout my manuscript--the name of a ship, for example. There has to be a way to change the override to Baskerville, doesn't there?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

You could set up a character style, using Baskerville Italic and run a Find-Change, like this: 

Capture d’écran 2021-06-12 à 15.14.04.jpgCapture d’écran 2021-06-12 à 15.16.37.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try to update the paragraph style, deselect everything, double click on the paragraph style, and change what you want.

other whise, you can highlight one text that have overrrides with +, correct it, then choose the style fro panel, go to paragaraph style panel menu, update the style.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could set up a character style, using Baskerville Italic and run a Find-Change, like this: 

Capture d’écran 2021-06-12 à 15.14.04.jpgCapture d’écran 2021-06-12 à 15.16.37.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this and it worked. Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@scout214pack It sounds like a character style with the italics remaining in Helvetica. Did you use custom mapping when you placed the Word document into InDesign? That will help you control the conversions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Than you. I don't know what word mapping is, but now I am going to find out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines