Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

paragraph styles for select word

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I have different paragraph styles in my work. I have adjusted the text using tabs, and now I want to apply a style to certain words. But instead, I have a style that stands out for the entire line. How can this be avoided?

2023-04-03 11-16-18  Nooruz Menu.indd @ 100%.png2023-04-03 11-17-12.png2023-04-03 11-17-28  Nooruz Menu.indd @ 100%.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

If only one word should be formatted,  don't use a paragraph style, use a character style instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor , Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Абзацный стиль применяется ко всему абзацу. Вам верно подсказывают, что надо применять символьные стили (применяются к выделенным словам). 

Если у Вас сохраняется такой внешний вид, отбитый табами, то я бы ещё попробовал использовать NestedStyles здесь в купе вместе с символьными стилями. 

Курить тут - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/drop-caps-nested-styles.html

(это Вам поможет автоматически абзац отформатировать символьными стилями)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If only one word should be formatted,  don't use a paragraph style, use a character style instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested character styles are the way forward here, and furthermore if your formatting is as strict as your example suggests, you could set those up within the parapgraph style to automatically apply them with each character style being applied through one word or up to the next tab. If you want to upload a sample doument I'm sure myself or someone else can help out if needed 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Абзацный стиль применяется ко всему абзацу. Вам верно подсказывают, что надо применять символьные стили (применяются к выделенным словам). 

Если у Вас сохраняется такой внешний вид, отбитый табами, то я бы ещё попробовал использовать NestedStyles здесь в купе вместе с символьными стилями. 

Курить тут - https://helpx.adobe.com/in/indesign/using/drop-caps-nested-styles.html

(это Вам поможет автоматически абзац отформатировать символьными стилями)

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you can convert it to a table - then select a column and apply ParaStyle. 

If you need to keep it as a Text - then you can still convert it to a table, apply CharStyle to columns and then convert to text with desired separator. 

Or - as already mentioned - you can just use Nested Styles.

▒► ID-Tasker / ID-Tasker Server - work smart not hard ◄▒

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines