• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph styles not displaying

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2022 Aug 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden my Paragraph Styles are not displayed in my workspace window. I can still access them through the pulldown menu but that's a very clunky way to use them. Any ideas?

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Hi @andrewd66405478 ,

hm. I would first back up InDesign's cache and preferences folders that share the same name Version 17.0 in your user folder. To access them you could use the finder menu Go To and hold the option key. That would give you a new menu item named Library. That's the invisible Library folder in your user folder.

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version 17.0

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 17.0

Quit InDesign. Backup both Version

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2022 Aug 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @andrewd66405478 ,

hm. I would first back up InDesign's cache and preferences folders that share the same name Version 17.0 in your user folder. To access them you could use the finder menu Go To and hold the option key. That would give you a new menu item named Library. That's the invisible Library folder in your user folder.

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/Version 17.0

/Users/[User Name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/Version 17.0

Quit InDesign. Backup both Version 17.0 folders and then rename or trash them.

Restart InDesign. Do a new document. Save it. Both Version 17.0 folders will be created from scratch.

Maybe you still can use your old custom workspaces.

Quit InDesign and move your old custom workspaces *.xml files from the backup of your preferences to the subfolder named Worksspaces in a subfolder of your new Version 17.0 folder.

Also see into:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/setting-preferences.html

Note: Your custom paragraph style named "aaa" will be gone and you have to rebuild it when no document is open.

Note: You have to check your color settings. They are now the default ones.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines