• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph styles not working

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have paragraph styles set in my file and have applied them to all of the text. Now, when I change the alignment in the style sheet, it doesn't apply to the text. I can change font, size, color, etc, through the paragraph styles. Just not alignment.

When I go back into the paragraph style, it shows align center is chosen, but the text is still left aligned.

I have searched for solutions online. There is no character style attached to the text, nothing overriding the paragraph style. I have changed the alignment and changed it back to no avail. I have restarted both InDesign and the entire computer. 

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I'm in CC with InDesign 17.1 2021 on a 2021 Macbook Pro with M1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh My Word. There are TWO places in paragraph styles that set justification/alignment. I adjusted it under the justification tab and it didn't work. I just found the other place under Indents/Spacing and it worked.

I just don't know how to delete my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First things first, update to 17.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you remove all overrides from your styled text?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines