• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

parallel document and book page numbering?

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

In a book (indb, from a number of .indd of course), I'd like to have each .indd numbered both in book and in document numbers (an anthology, each .indd is an independent text, so it gets internal numbering, starting with 1, but it also is part of the anthology, and page numbers run through the book. So two parallel numberings). Any way to achieve that?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's possible, one list of number would be a Section, the other Book Page, and you'll had to restart the section numbering. But you might have problem showing the list you want a TOC am currently trying to do that. I have 10 modules (10 indesign files, with sections for the 12/15 exercises). An InDesign Book bind the Modules together. Am generating a TOC for each module, and all the exercises start on page 1 of the section, which is irrelevant for a TOC. The general TOC, the one for the Book, also does the same. So, ideally, I would like to Module 1 – Exercice 1 – Module Page 1/4 – Book page – 1/100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use the standard page numbering for the entire book and a numbered list for the internal numbering.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines