• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parent page A element appearing on Parent B page

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this is a silly question, I'm a reasonably new user.

I have set up two parent pages (A and B). A has a coloured box across the top – separate coloured box on left-facing and right-facing pages. B does not have any coloured boxes.

I am creating a 4-page document, applying Parent A to pages 1 and 2, and Parent B to pages 3 and 4.

When I do this, pages 1, 2 and 4 appear as I would expect, but page 3 has the coloured box from Parent A appearing unexpectedly. Everything else on page 3 is as expected with Parent B.

If I add a 5th page with Parent B applied, this displays correctly (without the coloured box).

What have I done wrong? Thanks in advance for your help.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

OK, make sure that the frame from Parent B is not extending even slightly into Parent A (and vice versa). You may actually have to move then slightly off the page edge (old bug, as I recall).

If that's not a workable solution you can, of course, always override the unwanted Parent element onto the document page and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag the right page icon from Master A on top of page three and it should work. Right now page three is showing that the B Master has been applied to it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill. Thanks for your reply. I think I was unclear though. What I'm trying to do is:

• Page 1 = A
  • Page 2 = A
  • Page 3 = B
  • Page 4 = B

What I'm seeing is:

• Page 1 = A
  • Page 2 = A
  • Page 3 = B with coloured box from A
  • Page 4 = B
  • (Page 5 = B)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make a single colored box extending across both pages on parent A?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately not - it's a separate box on both A pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, make sure that the frame from Parent B is not extending even slightly into Parent A (and vice versa). You may actually have to move then slightly off the page edge (old bug, as I recall).

If that's not a workable solution you can, of course, always override the unwanted Parent element onto the document page and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, Peter. I've made the box smaller (to take it away from the page edges) and then larger again and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines