• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Parent Page CSV Data Merge

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like some help with Data merging CSV files. I have a label set up to a csv file in which it populate each label with seperate information, which is correct. I would like to be able to import an order number that would show up on the parent page for each page. I am able to make the file name show up on every page and page number, is there a way I can import an order number into the parent page? It does not allow me to use data merge on both the parent and the child pages. 

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

A couple workarounds: 

1) Just input the Order ID as a Text Variablee after the merge is complete, and use Text Variable on your parent pages. 

2) Input the Order ID as a non-printing text object during the merge, with its own Paragraph Style, and have the Text Variable pick up that style. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2022 Jul 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A couple workarounds: 

1) Just input the Order ID as a Text Variablee after the merge is complete, and use Text Variable on your parent pages. 

2) Input the Order ID as a non-printing text object during the merge, with its own Paragraph Style, and have the Text Variable pick up that style. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines