• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasted YouTube HTML file not working

Contributor ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve produced an interactive poster with a bio of a soccer player. It contains various animations and interactive object states as well as an embedded YouTube video. The soccer player is clipped from his background, with a layer mask, saved in PSD format and fills the poster. Part of his arm is meant to cover a corner of the video but when viewed in EPUB Preview, the video won’t play but bring it to the front and, hey presto, it plays. I've also tried putting a rectangular frame over it with a dash-stroke in the team colours, but same again, it won’t play. The video, it seems, has to be the foremost object. Now, from what I gather, the video should work even if it’s behind other objects but, maybe, it has to be an mp4 linked video rather than embedded HTML?

Has anyone in the community ever encountered this before?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Normal and expected behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normal and expected behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers Bob. 

Is it that embedded HTML video simply can't be expected to work as well as a linked mp4? ie the behaviour of a YouTube HTML isn't as predictable/reliable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines