• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF placed in InDesign on high-quality display view

Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the recent update, when I have PDFs placed on a page in InDesign, I cannot set view on high-quality display. It changes all images to a weird negative effect. It also views the same way when I open the PDF in Illustrator. I have tried searching but can't find anyone else with this problem. Is there a setting somewhere, hopefully, to fix this? Or is this a bug?

Screenshots attached of high quality and typical displays.

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021
Turn off GPU performance in your InDesign preference if you're on a Mac and stop opening PDFs in Illustrator. If you need an Illustrator file, design in Illustrator. It is not a PDF editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off GPU performance in your InDesign preference if you're on a Mac and stop opening PDFs in Illustrator. If you need an Illustrator file, design in Illustrator. It is not a PDF editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for the fast response, that worked! 🙂

The PDF is an ad sent by corporate, not something I built. I have to kinda take it apart and make a different shaped ad out of the contents. I only opened it there just to see how it looked, cause it looked fine in Acrobat. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines