• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF's showing with no background in Chrome

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having some issues with PDF's missing their backgrounds when viewed in Chrome. They seem to work fine on all other browsers. The only thing that has sort of worked is exporting them as PDF/X-3. When viewed in Chrome the background remains but it shows ontop of all images (I will attach a few examples) is there anyway around this? 

I have tried flattening before exporting, this hasnt seemed to make a difference. I have also tried to remove transparancy within the background without any improvement. 

- HP65 T3 2023 General - This shows correctly on all other browers apart from Chrome, where it removes the background. 

- Hughes-Pumps-HP65-T3 - Background shows in Chrome but images are distorted. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Chrome is NOT a valid PDF viewer. The only program which can show all PDFs correctly is Adobe Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. Wrong attachement. General is attached. This shows correctly on other browsers but Chrome removes the background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome is NOT a valid PDF viewer. The only program which can show all PDFs correctly is Adobe Acrobat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Willi, but Adobe Reader (free) should also let you view PDFs correctly.

https://get.adobe.com/reader/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even Acrobat cant show them correctly. It cant show solid white ink on black ink for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. The problem is, this is for a website and we can't control how our users view the PDF. It would be nice if all platforms show one file the same but I guess we don't live in that world. I have made do with the background not showing in chrome. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If it is not for printing, why not make a html instead of pdf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved this by exporting the background as a PNG and placing it into the file again. The problem was that the vector shape did not show the background in Chrome. The pixel graphic obviously does. Makes the file larger, but at least it works now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, your solution is n solution. PNG knows only alpha ttransparency, more complex transparency models, like blending modes are not supported. The primary solution is to avoid Crome or any other viewer other than Acrobat. The second solution is to export a PDSF with flattened transparency. No need for PNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines