• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF settings are no longer saved?

Engaged ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to me that PDF settings (marks, bleed, single/double page etc) are no longer saved with the document (or otherwise may just be ignored under certain circumstances). Instead there seems to be some »session wide« behaviour regarding this, so that the settings of the first opened document of a session (or its then changed settings) will be kept active for any other documents open or to be opened.

Can someone confirm this?

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

In my experience the only PDF setting saved with the file is the name. All other settings are last used.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can save your PDF settings in InDesign as a PDF Preset

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, but I never thought that necessary as long as I am working on my kind of standalone workstation. Up to now I was under the firm impression that any individual PDF settings are being saved with the respective document, and that they will be valid for it again as soon as that document would be re-opened later – which no longer seems to be the case. Confuses me quite a bit ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience the only PDF setting saved with the file is the name. All other settings are last used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That really sounds pretty weird to me. I’ve produced PDFs with InDesign for decades, and I was convinced all the time, that an opened document always has the settings present that were specified when that document was last saved. I am definitely baffled ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines