• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf too large

Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 20 page file in indesign when converting to pdf (whatever the compression number of DPI and degradation the pdf obtained is 60 MO). usually this type of file at 150 dpi and high jpg compression the file weighs 6M0. Is it a bug of Indesign 2022 or acrobat ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you export a file to PDF from InDesign, Acrobat is not involved, it's all done by InDesign. 

You can find out in Acrobat what features in a PDF file use how much data. For this, open the file in Acrobat and then select File>Save as Other>Optimized PDF. On the dialog that pops up, there is a "Audit space usage..." button in the upper right corder. This will give you a lot of informaiton, and may be able to point you in the right direction. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer.

My problem is not a setting problem but a bug in indesign 17 because i have been doing this type of file every day for 10 years. My files have become 10 times heavier since the version change. And the weight of the files is insensitive to the change of parameters. Please adobe look at your software instead of asking me to look at my settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»My problem is not a setting problem but a bug in indesign 17 because i have been doing this type of file every day for 10 years.«

Frankly, that seems to be specious reasoning. 

Can you provide the packaged file or at least the pdf? 

Might the placed images contain excessive metadata? 

What are the pdf export settings you are using? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE INDESIGN FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

link would be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines