Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Performance Issue on M1 Mac mini with InD 17

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with performance since the 17 update? I am running an M1 Mac Mini with 16GB RAM and constantly getting beaches balls with larger documents - and when I say beachballs, it renders it pretty much impossible to use the app. I rolled back to the last v16 and the same documents are absolutely fine - no spinning beachballs at all, so something definitely different in v17.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 17.1 update should be available to you. Whether that fixes anything is anyone's guess.

If you spend a little time reading you'll see quite a few issues with M1 Macs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob,
The performance GPU is still not available on my Mac mini M1... Any reason ? It's ok with Ps and Ai but not Id. 
I don't have a retina screen but an Eizo. I have a HiDPI resolution but a wrong resolution, inusuable, i can only use a no-HiDPI resolution. Any idea about this ? 
Lot of people have this issue.
Thanks. 
Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problems at all with a GPU for my 2021 MacBook Pro with an Apple M1 Pro chip. Running InDesign 2023 (18.0) and Ventura 13.0.1.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 3.50.31 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, on my M1 Max no issues at this time. Like @BobLevine are you on the 17.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines