Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

personalized printed sheets - question about implementation

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

I have a question about the following topic:
For a customer we create small cards that are personalized on the front with a QR code and a sequential number. The back is provided with an address that always remains the same. That means only the front has to be customized.
I was already able to solve this using the "data merging" function in InDesign.
However, the printer needs the front and back sides on printed sheets with around 16 cards on one side. This can be done via “data consolidation” via the tab “data records per document page” - “multiple data records”. However, this only works if I have not created a second page in the source document / sample document. Because of the back, I would then need a second page in the document so that I always have a print sheet with the front and then one with the back.
Now I could just copy the back side (since the content here always remains the same) and manually insert a back side after each front side. But in the end there will be too many data records for that, so that I will have around 600 printed sheets with the front side .. The manual solution would be extremely time-consuming and the source of errors very high.

Is there a solution to automatically place the back in the second position? So something like “front on odd pages, back on even pages”? Or is there a way to activate the "Multiple data records" function for two pages in the source document / sample document, for example using a plug-in? Or do you know of another solution for such a case?
I would be very grateful if someone could help me!

Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature request, How to, Print, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jul 29, 2021 Jul 29, 2021
If the stock finish is the same on the front and back of your cards, you could set up your data merge master with the front and back beside each other. (in my image, I put a photo where your fixed address section will be).  When the pages are printed back-to-back, you will end up with the fixed data section on the back of the variable section, so that you get the result you need using just a one-page merge template. TEMPLATE   RESULT

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the stock finish is the same on the front and back of your cards, you could set up your data merge master with the front and back beside each other. (in my image, I put a photo where your fixed address section will be).  When the pages are printed back-to-back, you will end up with the fixed data section on the back of the variable section, so that you get the result you need using just a one-page merge template.

TEMPLATETEMPLATE   RESULTRESULT

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@SJRiegel  Thank you very much! It works! 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines