• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photography Portfolio: How to View only one photo at once (PDF)

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made a photography portfolio on indesign and even though the document presets are set to single pages and I'm exporting as single pages, when I view the pdf on my Imac, it displays two pays at once as a spread like a book. This confuses the portfolio, I'd like to view just one photo at a time. Any advice is greatly apreciated! 

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultwf1563xz5rcq In Acrobat with the PDF open, under Properties you can set the initial view to single pages. You can also set the document view in InDesign in the export to PDF dialog box. But I've found it's better to do it in the PDF. If a viewer has their PDF viewer set to double pages then it's possible it won't open for them the way you want it to.

JainLemos_0-1626028855203.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @defaultwf1563xz5rcq:

Are you exporting to Adobe PDF (Interactive) or Adobe PDF (Print)? Both have the option to set the View to Fit Page and the Layout to Single Page—I'm showing the Adobe PDF (Interactive) dialog box, below. This sets the Initial View settings for the file, which will override your Acrobat/Reader defaults on your iMac. 

~Barb 

view.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines