• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos not linking

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering why my photos are not linking in InDesign so I can edit with Photoshop. There are no changes in the links so I don't understand why I cannot "edit with" when I click the photo

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Edit Original" has been flaky in both v18.1 and 18.2, either failing to find Photoshop or doing nothing. "Edit With" and selecting Photoshop works fine, though. It seems that the links are not being completely updated with the various updates.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure this is it; the error message (for Edit Original) is that ID can't find Photoshop. I just ass/u/me it will be corrected and use Edit With isntead.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use "Edit Original or Edit With"... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit with allows you to choose an app. Edit original links to the default app via your operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct... I can't edit with photoshop because it isn't there 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KherMarketingCoord , Is the Link’s Status Normal? If the Status is Missing the Link Info Path would show the original file path. Also, you can’t Edit Original if the image was pasted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it is red

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That means the original was moved, deleted, or on a volume that is not connected. The Link Info Path will tell you where it sould be.

Screen Shot 5.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines