Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop file looks pixelated in InDesign

Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am making a book in InDesign CC 2017.1 with illustrations from Photoshop.

When I place the photoshop file into the ID document, the image looks pixelated, but when I export it as a PDF, it looks fine.

I am viewing it with "High Quality Display" selected, but it doesn't help.

How do I get it so it looks like it will when I export it for print?

Here is a screenshot of the pixelated image...

Screen Shot.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

The display quality doesn't matter for output quality.

Important is:

1. Is the file linked correctly? (Look into the link panel)
  2. Is the effective resolution high enough? (It is also found in the link panel)
  3. Do you choose the correct PDF export settings?
  4. Does the file has the correct format? If it is a vector file with transparency don't use EPS, use PDF or AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2022 Aug 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question for all of you (not really related to OPs question). When I posted above, my email address is incorrect and uses an old Google email. When I went into my Google account, that old email is nowhere to be found. So odd. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answer is wrong and destructive. With flattening the PSD file you loose layers, transparency and all layer compositions. All should be alive to be usable in InDesign. I gave above the correct answer: Save as PDF with all layers. Place the PDF, not the PSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Help me to understand then as I am doing a book also in InDesign. I save a copy with all the layers. And then flatten the image and import that into InDesign. When I PDF it, everything looks fine. When I print it, everything looks fine. Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines