• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Update causes InDesign color management settings to be reset

Participant ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With the recent Photoshop Update 22.3.0 it seems like it disrupted my color management settings in InDesign (and Illustrator as well). They both get reset to "Simulate: Adobe InDesign 2.0 CMS disabled." I'm on macOS 10.14.6. Anyone else noticed this? 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears an old bug in Bridge has popped up again. In fact, it JUST happened to me as well this morning.

I tried the old workaround that people offered back then, and so far it has helped again today:

Trashing the color preferences. Close apps, including Bridge, then delete this file:

/Users/yourusername/Library/Preferences/Adobe/Color/ACEConfigCache2.lst

Reopen Bridge and change your settings.

Check your apps and see if they sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Deleting that cache file worked – regardless of whether the colors were synchronized with the bridge or not. I wanted to mention that, because in my case, I deliberately do not use synchronization.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry you're having a problem.

I'm running Big Sur (11.2.3) on my MacBook Pro. I have the latest of Photoshop 22.3, InDesign 16.1 and Illustrator 25.2.1 and don't seem to have such a problem with color management settings. All are syncing correctly with Adobe Bridge 2021 (11.0.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for checking!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also happened to me after the upgrade to PS 22.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was trying to think back as to what was updated last. I do know that the last time I had gone into Bridge before things went kerflewie it said it wanted to add a new plugin (I think for After Effects?). In any case, the fix (deleting the cache file) seems to be holding days later. Fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines