Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed Images Not Showing/Showing up White

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey community,

All of a sudden (overnight) my placed images started not showing up. To clarify, there is definitely images present, as when I click on the object I can see the size, move it around, see the "linked file" in the link bar. But it just isn't showing the image. I tried resetting my preferences, changing the display performance, restarting my computer and InDesign, linking the files from a different location, trying on different files, etc. I have read all the forums for similar issues but nothing is working. I am at a loss. Thanks so much for your help

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 9.24.16 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

FIGURED IT OUT. The files were originally in HEIC form. When I renamed them, they started showing up as jpgs, even though they were not formally converted. When i formally converted to JPG, it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an update: it appears that photos that are originally sourced from my desktop do show up when placed. But when I take the photo from dropbox and put it on my desktop to place it, it does not show up. I need it to be linked to dropbox, so moving everything to my desktop is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FIGURED IT OUT. The files were originally in HEIC form. When I renamed them, they started showing up as jpgs, even though they were not formally converted. When i formally converted to JPG, it worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the solution, I am sure, this will help other community members. Feel free to reach out if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines