• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placed vectors render poorly to PDF

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so this just started happening recently. Placed vectors (.svg, .ai, .eps -- doesn't matter) will not render correctly to PDF. They've all got jagged edges and simplified shapes. Interactive or Print, highest possible settings & resolution. None of the linked images are missing, all are perfectly working files... what gives?? Anyone else running into this? Screenshots from PDF:

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 9.44.18 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-03-02 at 9.44.25 AM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

So, it appears to maybe have been a glitch in Acrobat and nothing to do with InDesign (I had tried virtually every combo of PDF export setting to no avail)... I went into Page Display preferences in Acrobat and changed the resolution to 600, then back to default, then 300, then back to default... and suddenly my vectors are displaying correctly again. Strangest thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which PDF setting are you using for creating the PDF? Even more important, what PDF reader are you using to view the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, it appears to maybe have been a glitch in Acrobat and nothing to do with InDesign (I had tried virtually every combo of PDF export setting to no avail)... I went into Page Display preferences in Acrobat and changed the resolution to 600, then back to default, then 300, then back to default... and suddenly my vectors are displaying correctly again. Strangest thing...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am having similar issues. I have placed photoshop artwork with vectors into indesign. I now want to export a pdf, but the photoshop elements dont export as outlines? Is this possibe? Many thanks,

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Beyond text, no. And for that you'll need to save as Photoshop PDF, not PSD. If you have further questions, please start a new discussion and in the future you'll get far more help that way rather than hijacking a discussion that's already been asked and answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines