• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing a video as a URL in InDesign for online publishing

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2018 Dec 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I've created an interactive map in InDesign with seven 30-second videos and a bunch of photos that appear on rollover. The map is pretty slow and I would like to speed it up by placing the video as URLs instead of saving them directly to the document. When I place the videos as URLs into the InDesign document they appear fine in the programme, but when I hit the publish online button they do not appear. Any suggestions? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Interactive pdf and video do not produce consistent results. If you are looking for something that is stable, html5 would be the better workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2018 Dec 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you considered tinkering with in5?

Export HTML5 from InDesign with in5 - Home

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Possible to post the Publish Online URL? Thnx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive pdf and video do not produce consistent results. If you are looking for something that is stable, html5 would be the better workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In InDesign I created a frame and went to the media panel and selected “Video from URL...”. When I entered my URL it said the file name had to start with, “http:”. My URL starts with, “https:” and it wouldn’t accept it. Is there a work around? I am using InDesign 17.2.1.

I will be exporting the final version with in5.

DavidHealy_0-1651615605320.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines