• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing Docx having tables and content controls

Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to place a document having a table with approx 20000 rows in content control and it takes around 30 mins in InDesign.

Is there any way to optimize this?

I observed that if I remove the content control and convert that table to tab seperated text values then InDesign takes only 4 mins to load it.

It means delay in loading original document is due to tables and content control. Is there any way to optimize this without remove tables and content controls using CEP extension?

TOPICS
How to , Performance , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @devs27984525 ,

what you see is the lack of performance of tables compared to the same raw contents of a text story with tabs.

There are so many properties additionally in a table cell compared to the ones of formatted text, that the difference you see in performance is no wonder at all.

What you can try is to open the document without a layout window, then place the table with ExtendScript and after this is done give the invisible document a layout window with e.g. doc.windows.add() written in ExtendScript.

Regards,
Uwe Laubender
( Adobe Community Professional )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines