• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing ICML with colums

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our CMS create ICML code which our production then places in our publication. Right now its just placed and then the production team makes coloums and so on. We would like to optimize the process and make the ICML with colums directly from CMS. Im not an icml expert but when exporting the desired result to icml I can see that by using Spread tag TextFramePreference TextColumnCount="3" and then in the store by using SpanColumnType="SpanColumns" on the text which should go over the coloums i can get the correct layout.
My problem is when doing that the icml is always shown on page 1 and not where we place it.
Anyone have som code which i can product to place a text in colums on a specifict page in x coloums.

TOPICS
Import and export , InCopy workflow , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Columns are either created via several 1-column text frames or a multiple column text frame, best fixed in an Object style. How the process is to be changed depends on the parameters we do not know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im not sure i explain the issue correctly.

Is there anyway in the <Spread>, <TextFrame>,<TextFramePreference> og <Story> tag i can tell the icml which page it should be placed on

When leaving out <Spread>, <TextFrame>,<TextFramePreference> the icml is placed on the current page. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry name mismatch. The originally question was asked from my collegues pc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines