• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

placing multi-page PDF into existing image boxes

Community Beginner ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a multi-image box page in InDesign using the step & repeat feature. Now I need to place a page from a customer supplied multiple page PDF within each box. I have one to do now that has 100 pages in the PDF - how can I automate placing the pages within the boxes I've created? I read about a grid feaure that can be worked to do something similar, but I need to add a "CutContour" line around each box so the printer can cut it out once printed, so I'm unsure if this would work.

I could create one InDesign page per PDF and import automatically uing the multipageimport script, but then I'd have to create a print PDF (need to do this so I can add the cut shape info to each page), split it into 100 PDFs and have the production dept bring each page into the RIP separately - I'd prefer to give them one large PDF with all 100 pages in.

Hope that makes sense! Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Hello @Kevin254478135tb1,

If you're a mac user take a look at the link below for a paid script, it seems to do what you want and its its relatively inexpensive.

https://www.drscripto.com/place-multiple-paged-pdf-into-existing-image-frames/

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Kevin254478135tb1,

If you're a mac user take a look at the link below for a paid script, it seems to do what you want and its its relatively inexpensive.

https://www.drscripto.com/place-multiple-paged-pdf-into-existing-image-frames/

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

that looks perfect, thanks! I work on a mac, so it will be great for me. Everyone else here works on PCs so they're out of luck on this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines