Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing multi page PDF too slow when size of PDF is more than 10 MB

Community Beginner ,
Mar 13, 2022 Mar 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am using the PlaceMultipagePDF.jsx sample script provided using Window->Utilities->Scripts->Application->Samples->JavaScript->PlaceMultipagePDF.jsx

and when the size of PDF exceeds 10-15 MB, it takes lot of time 5-10 mins to place.

Is there any method to optimize this? I need to do it using CEP extensions.

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance , Scripting , SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi devs27984525,

I think you could cut the time placing PDFs if you turn off InDesign Live Preflight temporarily for example.

It could be also a matter of rendering time depending of the complexity of every single PDF page you want to place.

There are a number of other factors as well. Your machine specs for example, GPU support as well if you are using a Mac, available RAM and CPU power.

Could you provide a sample PDF file so I can test the case on my Windows 10 machine?

If the contents cannot be shared with the public send me a personal message. Click my user name here and click the blue button. Put the PDF on Dropbox or a similar service and send a download link.

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And set display performance to Fast Display

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are using the Mac version, you can try the applescript version of this script and see if it performs any faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines