• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing multiple images in InDesign

Engaged ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Design 2022, I need to import 123 .jpgs Each .jpg is one full page for  fixed layout epub. So the .indd will be 123 pages. I know there is a way to place, tried holding shift or space bar. I have done this while importing a docx in the ost now I need to do the same with jpgs

anyone??

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do following:

1. Create a layer for the images. (I recommend to work always for distintive layer for each category.)
  2. Create a master/parent page, rename it "image".
  3. Create a master/parent page, based on the master/parent "image" and name it "image.import"
  4. Create an image frame and
  5. an object style with the name "image.full-page".
    • This style should contain informations on size and position (if you have bleed—you will need it for print—specify the position from the center. 
    • It should also contain all fitting options you want.
  6. Apply the object style to the frame.
  7. Add so many pages based on the master/parent "image.full-page".
  8. Select ALL images you want. You can use the Command File > Place …, Adobe Bridge, Explorer or Finder.
  9. Import them either by the command or by drag & drop from Adobe Bridge, Explorer or Finder.
  10. Select all pages in the page panel, hold down the alt/option key and klick on the master/parent "image" to change away from the master/parent with a content frame.

Why

It is good to have only master/parent applied without frames for content, as it can cause—often invisible—stacking frames frome overriden objects. This is to avoid in any case. But for fast work during the work it is good to have this placeholder frame on every page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This script from Roland Dreger will do this quite fast. It's used for photobooks but will work in this instance:https://www.rolanddreger.net/de/276/fotobuch-mit-adobe-indesign/#

If the answer wasn't in my post, perhaps it might be on my blog at colecandoo!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines