• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Placing Multiple Images inside of Frames

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2022 Apr 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to place multiple links inside of preset frames, like a full PDF file for instance, by clicking place, selecting the file or files, and clicking once on each of the set frames. But now it stops after the first frame. If I click on a blank page or out in space, it works fine. Any ideas on what is wrong?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://creativepro.com/zanelli-releases-multipageimporter-for-importing-both-pdf-and-indd-files/

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign-discussions/placing-multipage-pdf-in-indesign-has-stopped-wo... - and some about native import, this is a bug

Remember, never say you can't do something in InDesign, it's always just a question of finding the right workaround to get the job done. © David Blatner

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I'm reading this right, this is explaining how to import pages from one indesign file to another, am I correct? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zanelli script have support and pdf and indd placing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just checking, did you set Import Options (found in the Place dialog) to import all pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I checked "Show Import Options" which gives me the "Place PDF" window. I then click "All." Which works fine as long as I place each PDF page on a blank Indesign page and resize the new frame. But it only places the first page when I try to place in an already set frame and doesn't let me click any additional frames after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Stephen,

you must be on InDesign version 17.2 and what you are facing is a new bug with that version.

Best go back to 17.1 or 17.0.1.

Please support my bug report at Adobe InDesign UserVoice and vote for fixing it:

Place multi-page PDF pages: Place Gun will be unloaded after first page is placed to a frame
Uwe Laubender, Mar 28, 2022
New bug with InDesign 17.2 that I cannot see with InDesign 17.1.

[1] Load multiple PDF pages from a multi-page PDF to the place gun.
[2] Hover the loaded cursor over a graphic frame to place the first page in that frame
[3] Click to place the first page.

Result:
The first page is placed to the frame

BUG: The rest of the loaded PDF pages in the place gun are unloaded. The place gun is empty after you placed the first of several pages to a frame.

https://indesign.uservoice.com/forums/601180-adobe-indesign-bugs/suggestions/44963242-place-multi-pa...

Thanks,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines