• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Play multiple videos at once when publishing online in Indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to have multiple videos play at once when "publishing online" in Indesign. But when I publish, and open in internet explorer or firefox, the videos play one at a time. I have the videos set to "play on page load" and "loop". But only one will play at a time. I am trying to mock-up what our website will look like with many videos playing at once. They are small mp4 files.

TOPICS
How to , Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advisor , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

You're right. The two videos play fine together in the Preview panel in InDesign, but not in any broswer. That reminded me that most browsers block Auto-play by default. Since you cannot control the viewer's browser setting, you cannot rely on Auto-play (Play on page load), even for a single video. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier. I know it's not the answer you wanted, but I'm not sure this can be done with InDesign and Publish Online, given the setting in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you link them in the Timing panel so they start at the same time? (Open the Timing panel, select all videos, and click on the Link icon at the bottom of the panel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to link them, and now neither one is playing on page load. I have to push "play" on the video for them to load. Then when I press "play" on the other video, the first one stops. All of my links are set up to play upon page load and to play together. I have no idea why it's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right. The two videos play fine together in the Preview panel in InDesign, but not in any broswer. That reminded me that most browsers block Auto-play by default. Since you cannot control the viewer's browser setting, you cannot rely on Auto-play (Play on page load), even for a single video. Sorry I didn't think of that earlier. I know it's not the answer you wanted, but I'm not sure this can be done with InDesign and Publish Online, given the setting in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2023 May 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm trying to get multiple videos to play and loop on the same page in my online publication. Do you know if this is possible? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I have 5 smalls mp4 files that dont automatically play. You have to push the play button on each to get them to play their loops. Such a bummer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines