• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playfair Display Bold Font is Missing - InDesign

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a user running Windows 10 Enterprise Build 10.0.19042, Creative Cloud version 5.6.0.788 and InDesign 2022 version 17.0. 

All other applications are showing the font Playfair Display Bold. However, only InDesign is missing this specific font. By other applications, I am including all Creative Cloud apps like InCopy, Photoshop, etc. in addition to Microsoft applications like Word, Excel, etc. This is specifically pertaining to InDesign. 

I have assisted my user with the following:

• Deactivate/Reactivate fonts in Creative Cloud desktop app and the online web portal. 
  • Delete and read (uninstall/reinstall) font in Windows Fonts. 
  • Uninstall/reinstall of the Indesign app and the entire Creative Cloud suite. 
  • Restarted the computer on numerous occisasions in different orders of reinstalling the fonts along with the applications themselves. 

This font is the main one we use for our organization and this user's only work around is to have someone else adjust the files then send them the image for approval. Any help would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is any style missing or some specific?
Is a caharacter style applied? Do you work with paragraph styles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a character style is applied but other users are opening the same program/document and have no issues. Playfair Display Bold is the company wide font used and this only affects this one user. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character styles and paragraph styles are both applied. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it happening in all files for this user?

How about if they start up in safe mode? Log in as a different user?

Have you tried trashing the prefs and cache files? See Reset InDesign Preferences and Other Troubleshooting 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens on all files for this user.

I will try the safe mode/other user and link you provided and let you know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to login under my login and start in safe mode, no issues. This is only pertaining to this user profile. However, I have fond another interesting thing about this. Since this is only pertaining to one user and one font, I decided to dig a little deeper in the fonts. 

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Fonts = the location of the fonts folder in Windows.

Other users show the Playfair Display fonts listed as normal. However, this particular user shows the Playfair Display fonts like the other users EXCEPT the Bold option is shown with a very old date modified. The exact date modified is "11/15/2011" and the date of all other fonts are "11/1/2021". I have tried deleting this font then reinstalling it but it still comes back as the same date. I have tried uninstalling, deactivating the font in adobe, restarting, then reinstalling the font, it still comes back with the very old date. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling in various different ways and it still comes back the same. 

Any help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you copy it from another machine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but it installs the same old version as mentioned. For some reason the old version is overwriting the new installation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a "Document fonts" subfolder under the InDesign document? Does that have the font in it? Is so, remove it, to test the idea.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did the Playfair Display font come from? It appears to be available from Adobe, Google, and others. Is it possible there is a mix of foundries?

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines