• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please don't 86 InCopy

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I heard a comment yesterday by one of your MAX presenters that there's a consideration to eventually phase out InCopy now that you're introducing Online Editing.

So, unless I missed the part stating that one can link those online submissions across multiple InDesign documents while also applying Paragraph/Character styles. I'm here to implore you to NOT do that.

While what I've seen of Online Editing is pretty cool, and I certainly see a lot of people using it. I would hate for my team to loose all the efficiences we've gained by bringing InCopy into our workflow. As a marketer responsible for creating many differnt pieces of signange that uses the same exact copy, InCopy has been a major boon to our process. Especially when it comes to maintaining consistency and implementing any/all copy changes. Our proofing team especially loves InCopy, as they can proof a singular document, vs. however many elements we're outputting. My designers adore how they can hit that update button to implement 10s – 100s of changes in an instant. 

I realize we're not using the app as it was originally intended, but InCopy has saved my team HOURS of work over the course of the past year, and unless this new online feature can do the same, I shudder at the thought of loosing it.

TOPICS
InCopy workflow , Print , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For years now, decades even, Adobe has forgotten that not all users can use online services due to security reasons.

David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines