• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Please send help! Urgent) Failed to export PDF InDesign 2022 on macOS Monterey

New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm extremely frustrated about InDesign's error that stops me from exporting to Adobe PDF (Print). This background task error haunted me for 2 days straight.

The file I tried to export includes NO picture/image or any links, only text. I've checked and fixed the application, also my file, according to other solutions from similar topics but none of them works!!

My current system is macOS 12.3.1, running InDesign 17.2.1. Here is the checklist of what I've done so far:

- I saved it as IDML and tried to save it again with InDesign, still couln't export to Adobe PDF.

- I used Neue Haas Grotesk Display Pro font and I thought that might be the problem. But eventhough when I changed everything back to default font, Minion Pro, it still didn't export work.

- I deleted all the file (InDesign and PDF) that have similar name (e.g: Untitled-1, Untitled-1.1, Untitled-1.2,...) but nothing changed

- I've reset all warning dialogs, reset InDesign as well, uninstalled and installed InDesign again (multiple times). I also restared my laptop. But no hope.

- I created a new A4 file and tried to export a PDF again, this with some random words in Arial font to see if anything wrong but still the background task error is still there.

And it's not even export when I tried with a blank page. 

Please find attached image as the problem that I've stuck with. I'm really frustrated as I need this one page file tomorrow. 

Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to fix it. Any help is appreciated! Thank you.

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM and spare hard disk capacity do you have?

Do you have a third-party app, such as a font manager, installed?

Have you tried resetting the InDesign preferences back to the factory defaults?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Was ist die exakte Fehlermeldung, wenn du das aufklappbare Menu beim Pfeil öffnest?

Du hast jetzt schon sehr viele Sachen ausprobiert um das Problem einzukreisen und es ist schon sehr komisch, dass auch nach einer frischen Neuinstallation von ID nicht mal ein leeres Dokument exportiert werden kann.

Hast du verschiedene Pdf-Versionen ausprobiert? e-book, PDF-X4 usw.? Funktioniert der Export als interaktives Pdf auch nicht?

Was du noch probieren könntest, ist ID unter einem neu erstellten Benutzer testen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines