• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PNG Export Issue, Just Sometimes 🤷‍♀️

Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before this week I never encountered this issue, but all of the sudden when exporting PNGs some of the files from the same document are really pixelate but others are fine. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to which ones are bad, some images look perfect others do not. Going back and reexporting the pages individually solves the problem. But, That's a total pain in the ass. What is causing this issue when the export settings are exactly the same and all pages are being exported at once?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Thanks for all of the suggestions, the most recent update seems to have resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version and what OS?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running 10.14.6 and just checked to see if I was current on updates on Creative Cloud and it looks like there is a new version of ID. I'll install that update and see if the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try 

File>Export and choose IDML

open the IDML file in InDesign

and then resave to a different file name.

Does the issue persist?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PNG is a raster image. I would not use it if I have the possiblity to choose a diferent one. Where do the PNG com from? Often they have a poor quality. If you have access of an AI or PDF/X-4 use that. If you have a PSD or TIFF or PDP, use that.

I recommend to avoid PNG at all if possible in InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to disagree, no reason why PNG cannot be used as long as the effective resolution is enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not with USING PNGs, but rather exporting PNGs FROM InDesign. The PNG is being generated by ID, not used in it. It is an export issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree there's something more going on.

Perhaps a save to idml and open that and see if it persists.

Save as new file name

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to share a sample set of pages that we can test?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of the suggestions, the most recent update seems to have resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Indesign 19.1 is causing me so much grief, exported PNGs are really bad all of the sudden.

When I export the same document as PDF they are fine. Just when I export as PNG the images a brutal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines