• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Png files change color when copying from one InDesign doc to another.

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with an RGB png file, trying to copy it from one InDesign file to another. Both InD docs are in RGB.

When I copy the image to the desired document, the color in the document changes from a neon green to a muddy dark green.

Here's a photo of the doc before and after pasting and a screenshot of my color settings for both files.

Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 11.33.09 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-21 at 11.32.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-21 at 11.33.17 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-21 at 11.35.11 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Is there transparency on those pages? Make sure the transparency blend space is set to RGB

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, the obvious thing to try first is synchronizing your color settings. Open Adobe Bridge and choose Edit > Color Settings (Mac OS).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Scott, I never use Adobe Bridge so I didn't think to look there. It seems my programs are synchronized (screenshot attached). Mac OS was also not an option. Plus, I'm copying an image from one InD file doc to another InD doc, both are in the same version. I'm not copying from say, Illustrator to InDesign.Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 12.48.38 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, something that's weird...when I paste the image in the desired doc on page 1, my page 2 graphics remain the correct color. However, when I move those copied graphics from page 1 to page 2, all of the page 2 graphics change color.Screen Shot 2018-09-21 at 1.02.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-09-21 at 1.02.17 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there transparency on those pages? Make sure the transparency blend space is set to RGB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aha! That's the culprit. The transparency blend was set to CMYK. I've changed to RGB, copied the image over and the color stays intact. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Merci ! It works perfectly 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines