• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

poor resolution

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, If someone can help me find the soloution to why the image quality is still low in resolution even after changing it to Display Perfomance - High Quality Display. I've tried deleting and re- installing the app and also prefrence-display perfomac. Nothing seems to be working, I'd apprecitae if anybody can help me with my problem.

TOPICS
Bug , How to , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 15.04.59.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I've noticed it's not just image qulaity but text too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check a couple of things...

• Use the View > Overprint Preview menu and see if still at low-res.
  • Check your preferences to see what the High Quality Display settings are (the lower section of the preferences)
  • Is the image raster (pixels) or vector? If raster, can you check the Info Panel with the image selected and see what the Effective PPI is?
David Creamer: Community Expert (ACI and ACE 1995-2023)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but there's still no improvement in the display resolution and the actual PPI was 72 and the effective PPI is 228. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried what? Please clarify.

What are you High Quality Display preference settings?

Also, right-click on the image and make sure it doesn't have an override preview setting (Display Performance > Use View Setting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried overprint view and also changed the defualt view to high quality view.

My Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 17.51.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try changing your GPU settings (if off, turn it on; if on, turn it off).

Is it all images or just one? If just one, what type of image is it and what program created it?

If you place it in a new InDesign file, does the same thing happen?

Is it possible to send me the ID file and image to look at? You can click on my profile name and messge me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't let me select on my GPU settings. It's all of my images and texts and yes, even after creating a new page, it's still the same.Screenshot 2021-04-03 at 19.15.33.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried operating my file in my colleagues system and the resolution of all images and text are high quality but when I open the same file in my device I get low resoloutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They these steps and please let me know what happens:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/indesign/troubleshooting-weird-indesign-problems-101-error-new/m-p/11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://creativepro.com/high-res-image-look-low-res/

I wrote an article on this.

Also - if your image is tiny but say 3000 PPI - and you place that in InDesign, it creates a proxy image. 

When you enlarge the image to be 300PPI, for example, it's only showing you the proxy image, that was originally low-res.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-04-04 at 11.52.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've noted two things you said

"I've tried operating my file in my colleagues system and the resolution of all images and text are high quality but when I open the same file in my device I get low resoloutions."  So, the same INDD file, opened in InDesign on a colleague's system, looks better (not a PDF, not a similar file)? Is that correct?

"And I've noticed it's not just image qulaity but text too." So, this also affects normal InDesign text, not just text quality in an image or placed graphics? Is that correct?

If so, I suggest you provide screen shots of the SAME file at the SAME view on the TWO systems. Full resolution screen shots - there is only one screen shot from you, and it is too tiny to see any detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same INDD file has better resolution on a different device. Yes, It is affecting noramal InDesign text, not just text qulaity in an image.Screenshot 2021-04-04 at 13.35.22.pngScreenshot 2021-04-04 at 13.45.15.pngScreenshot 2021-04-04 at 13.45.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2021-04-04 at 13.42.25.pngScreenshot 2021-04-04 at 13.42.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting the screen shots. I have to ask for more information.

1. Which set are the "good" set and which are the "bad" set? Designers are always closer to the problem, other people often find it hard to see.

2. The screen shots have been cut down, so I can't judge the whole picture. Please do just one screen shot on each system, a screen shot of the entire screen, do not crop it. 

3. One set of screen shots are much smaller in pixel size. Did you reduce the resolution somehow? If not, this may be the problem. What are the two screen resolutions (sizes in pixels)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but there's still no improvement in the display resolution and the actual PPI was 72 and the effective PPI is 228. 

Keep in mind that the preview of a placed image is a lower quality proxy and not the actual image. The Display Performance setting helps with the quality of the proxy preview, but has no effect on output, which will be the actual link assuming the link status is normal.

The 228ppi Effective Resolution might be adequate for some types of photography, but your placed image is a combination of line art and text, and 228 would not be nearly enough for that kind of art. If you are forced to rasterize the original vector illustration, then the Effective Resolution would need to be closer to 1000ppi for high quality print output.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you resolved the issue? If so, what was the issue? If not, can you upload the file and graphic?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Priyanka5C82,

from your screenshot I see that you enabled "Preserve Object-Level Display Settings" under Preferences > Display Performance > Options . Test if you can enhance the quality if you disable that option.

DisplayPerformance-Screenshot-2021-04-03-at-17.51.27.png

Regards,
Uwe Laubender

( ACP )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines