• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

¿Por qué los botones no funcionan en el smartphone?

New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Buenas compañeros, mi consulta es como esta en el asunto, los botones no funcionan en el smartphone pero si funcionan en una PC, la unica manera que logro que funcionen es convirtiendolos en hipervinculos pero los botones como avanzar o mostrar imagen oculta no funcionan, saben si es una falla del programa? Gracias.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to produce, say, interactive PDFs for a smartphone use case, you're at the mercy of which PDF program a person is using, as well as the limitations of Adobe Acrobat for Android/iOS.

It's unfortunate, but if you're trying to use interactive PDFs to publish content for mobile devices, especially if you're trying to do it directly from InDesign and not enhance your intereactive features with Adobe Acrobat instead, you're built to lose.

Sorry I haven't got better news for you here,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This advice is ridiculous.
PDF's are used at least as much on smartphones as old desktop computers (smartphones are computers duh), so you obviously don't know what you talk about.
We are months further now but all functionallity is still baked into the latest version of indesign. There is no communication that it will not work on any ios device. And you should know, that if you show a working panel, that a user will not question if it is gonna work, they expect it is gonna work.

So the advice is not to make a pdf, seriously? Maybe it's better to do something about your software that obviously works with not supported standards. In my case,  I assumed functions like this would work. It has cost me at least half a day to figger out it is not fixable to get anything interactive about this pdf. 
This forum also... Why doesn't it start with a red banner, that this functions will not work. 
My advice to adobe: don't put functions as a solid fact into your software that not work as a standard. I think it is safe to say ios devices can be defined as an important standard, based on the document sizes you offer, it only talks about ios devices. Thats why it is misleading. Thanks for wasting my time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @maraziwazi,

You are not addressing Adobe here, we are also users of Adobe softwares as you are.

Secondly you took the advice by @Randy Hagan wrongly, he mentioned that "you're at the mercy of which PDF program a person is using, as well as the limitations of Adobe Acrobat for Android/iOS" so the intention was to say that not all PDF programs are equal. Many of them implement just the basics of PDF standard due to which many things don't display fine, in addition to this we have limitations of platform for which the application is designed. A desktop application is mostly more featurefull than the one on the mobile platform. So both these factors would have a bearing on your particular use cases. It's a logical advice in my opinion, if you don't like it fair enough you can design your workflow your way.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just the way it is. If you tell us a bit more about this project we might be able to offer alternatives, but as already noted, this project is pretty much doomed to failure as PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines