• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Possible to jump to or share specific page in InDesign Publish Online

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've published my publication using InDesign Publish Online, but am wondering if it is possible to jump to a specific page or share a direct link to a specific page within the document so I can share client article with them directly instead of having them scroll/toggle through the entire magazine. Any way to do this? Or workarounds?

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Yes, thank you. I did that several weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to say the URL may change numbers at the end based on the page, have you checked the url?

if not, export just that page, and link to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey JonathanArias -

Unfortunately, the changing the url doesn't do anything and if you notice as you toggle from page to page in PublishOnline, the URL doesn't change with the page. And we don't want extract pages from the publication and share, we want the whole publication to be connected to so people can browse, but to direct link to the article we are publishing. Make sense? Thanks for the recommendation though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about you duplicate that page as pop up that first appears on to of the publication , person reads it, they can close that pop up, now they are in the publication cover, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that does not solve our problem. We just need Adobe to create the option to have direct page URLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you would like to make feature requests or address bugs you can do it here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you. I did that several weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this on another help page & it worked for me.

You can direct link to a specific page in a Publish Online document by adding ?startpage=5 to the end of your document URL (this example would go to page 5.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One note pertaining the startpage number for URL. If the Publish Online document is set to display spreads, then the startpage destination is the spread number, not the page number.

Position StartPage
1 1
2-3 2
4-5 3
6-7 4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines