• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Potential bug - Auto bullet list feature issue

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several years ago (around 2016) I created a handy alphabetical text box that auto generated itself using a numbered list. After upgrading to InDesign 2023 something is causing the text to overset. It's fine when I open the older pages, but when I duplicate the box, or drag in from a library, it becomes overset for some reason.

As you can see from the screenshot it's constructed with the numbered list and a thick underline to the text that creates the illusion of a square.

Can anyone suggest why this might be happening?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2022-11-08 at 11.46.16.png

 Apologies, here is the correct screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It could be change in the font itself.

But most likely - the way text is handled within Indesign could have changed slightly due to a minor change. 

It's know that in each version of InDesign how text is displayed can vary - it's always wise to stick to the version the file was created in - unless you cannot.

It just might be a slightly different text composition formula. 

Sorry - the exact terminology is escaping me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines