• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pound sign when I make a text frame

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2022 Jan 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How come I keep getting a "Pound Sign" every time I make a text frame? It just appears. How can I get rid of it?

ThanksScreen Shot 2022-01-09 at 10.28.33 AM.png

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an end of story marker which is shown if you have hidden characters set to display. You can't get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a non-printing character, giving you additional information. The hash-mark tells you that that is the end of the story, as @BobLevine says correctly. In other words, there is no text, even not spaces, paragraphs, or anything else that cannot be seen behind this mark. Every empty text frame has effectively just that, except if it is a linked frame after the end-of-story-mark.

You can't get rid of it, but you can switch visibility on or off as needed:

Abambo_0-1641745245821.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To make sure you don't see these characters, disable from the Type menu, Show Hidden Characters and View the document in Preview mode.

(But you should know when to see and use these invisibles, as they can be useful.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines