Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Preparing your Print

Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Under image size in Photoshop I have an 8x10 file size that is 300 pixel/inch. I want to print this at a print shop bigger at 16x20.

Since 8x10 and 16x20 are the same aspect ratios can I leave it as is? Or should I rescale it by inches in Photoshop?

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies I posted this in the wrong community.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you print it by simply printing at 200%, you will effectively have a resolution of 150 ppi. If that's enough, you will be fine. If not, you should use Image Size in Photoshop to change the size (leave resample on).

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Creamer said, if you print the 8 x 10 @300ppi, you be sending 150ppi to the printer. Depending on the nature and original quality of the image, along with the output method, that may come out just fine. My advice would be to avoid resampling if you can.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines