• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prevent email sharing

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have published my magazine to my website I clicked to hide the share and embed buttons but when the magazine is opened on my website the share button is still available and the magazine can be shared via email, messages and airdrop. Is there a way to prevent customers freely sharing my product pls? 
thank you

TOPICS
Publish online

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Putting any sort of content in electronic form and giving any outside access means that it will be copied against your wishes. There is next to nothing you can do about this; multinational IP companies have tried and only succeeded in limited ways.

If you want only a paying customer base to be able to access your magazine, you can put it behnd a paywall or subscription wall, and take some steps to make it difficult to copy, download or share direct links with. (For example, I could post a link

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what this has to do with InDesign but as with all things, if you don't want it shared, don't put it on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Putting any sort of content in electronic form and giving any outside access means that it will be copied against your wishes. There is next to nothing you can do about this; multinational IP companies have tried and only succeeded in limited ways.

If you want only a paying customer base to be able to access your magazine, you can put it behnd a paywall or subscription wall, and take some steps to make it difficult to copy, download or share direct links with. (For example, I could post a link to a newspaper or magazine with a paywall, but you would be blocked from any access, or anything but preview access, unless you also were a subscriber.)

But unless you're willing to up your website hosting and functionality to a full paywall system, anyone who has the URL, or gets it from a share or just a copy from the address bar, is going to be able to access the content.

This has nothing to do with Adobe or ID or the tools that enable simple "publish to web" functionality, though. You need someone with web back end/security design chops.

╟ Word & InDesign to Kindle & EPUB: a Guide to Pro Results (Amazon) ╢

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much extremely helpful and understandable I am grateful 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines