• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview image has updated but when I click on it my saves are lost

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview image of my InDesign document is what I last saved it as but then I click onto it and all my changes have disappeared?

I can't find my recovery folder anywhere and I've tried revert but nothing is happening?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of InDesign and your OS?

Can you show us a screen capture of the Layers panel (with the layers expanded) for the page in the preview that is not showing the changes in the document?

What is the view mode (Normal, Preview)?

And try turning off GPU Performance in your prefs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the trouble you are facing. I would request you to try the following steps and let us know how it goes:

1.  Right-click on the black boxes, then the contextual menu will appear select Graphics and select "Reveal in Finder." Then, from the finder window, simply drag the file into the InDesign document where the black box is displaying, and the content should display again in High Quality.
  2.  Rename the CEP folder to CEP.old from the following location:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
  3. If that doesn't help, rename the UXP folder to UXP.old from the following locations:
    /Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  4. Close all Adobe applications and manually reset preferences by renaming the folders from the following locations:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Preferences
    Rename Adobe InDesign and com.adobe.InDesign to Adobe InDesign.old and com.adobe.InDesign.old and launch the InDesign from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.
  5. If that doesn't help either, uninstall the application using the CC Cleaner tool and reinstall from the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines